Sunday, October 12, 2008
Winter has arrived in Alaska
I thought that we would have at least a little more time until the snow flies but not really... this week we had a day of ice that covered everything in town and I had to use 4-wheel drive to get around! Today it started to snow and now we have two inches or so- our backyard looks so nice! Aaron spent the day working in "The Man-Cave" or "The Shop"- he has a 1948 Shopsmith he has refurbished and now is working on turning fish bashers and yo-yo's... today I walked in on him turning in his flannel shirt and camo cap and I had a flashback to Grandpa Latz, who I used to do lathe things with- I hope Aaron didn't see me get a bit teary- I even sucked up shavings for him with the new Shop-Vac. Good times... I love weekends... even though I put my 5 hours in the NICU this morning, we still had a fun day-



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment