Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Visit to Michigan

So this last week I headed back to the Midwest to visit the family... I flew into Chicago for a day to present my postpartum depression research grant to the American Psychiatric Association Annual Conference and then the next morning hopped on the Amtrak and headed to Michigan- mom drove up to Little Star Lak cottage first with the boys in tow, and then her and I headed to "The 80"- AKA Camp Naple Stailer- their new hunting property. My family has been all working very hard on building a new hunting cabin there and its a wonderful piece of land- fun to bum around on the 4-Wheeler! Yippee! I got to see my brothers Derek and Dan a few times and had dinner with Grandparents. Mom and I solidified some more wedding plans (yes, we have a date now!) and I did some much-needed shopping! What a brief visit... it was like re-living summertime again in Michigan when fall was done and over with here in Alaska!

Skinny Momma! I am so proud of her- she lost 30lbs on Weight Watchers!

No comments: