Sunday, November 30, 2008

Deep snow and fun with snowshoes

I apologise to all you who follow my blog for the delay in posting, but this month has been WAY too busy! I am struggling to think that my days on Medicine service will EVER be done with! 2 more weeks and I am free... yippee! We had an excellent Thanksgiving at "The Yurt"- the temporary home of one of my fellow interns. We went over on Turkey day for food, salmon, quiche, rolls and desserts galore, only to play Settler's of Katan well into the night! This weekend was one of my golden weekends and on Saturday it started to snow SO HARD that instead of heading out of town on a snowshoe weekend we stayed in only as the snow continued to fall... and fall... and fall all night and all through today (Sunday!) So we officially have 17 new inches of snow and it is still falling! Aaron and I shoved our driveway twice, and went into the backyard to check it out- tons of new snow halfway up our legs! Today I went for a snowshoe across our backyard swamp over to the trail in the back of our house and spent a couple of hours snowshoeing around Russian Jack Park. Lots of people out today skiing or skijoring with their dogs~ More to come (I promise) about what we are up to, the struggles of being an intern and wedding planning details!



No comments: