Mt. McKinley- unobstructed Winter Views!

Finally, after a few looooonnnggg weeks of obstetrics I finally had a weekend free with Aaron! Yippee! It isn't over yet but since I have some free time I thought that I would post some photos. Today we went up to Arctic Valley and the ski resort. Its high above Anchorage in the Chugach mountains but it was a BEAUTIFUL day out-- bright blue sky, no clouds and for the first time, I got some uninhibited views of Mt. McKinley to post on the blog- once up to the ski resort, we watched the skiiers and my classmate Jenny and her husband Eric were there too- we hung out and listened to the polka band for a while, hiked around a bit but when we started seeing avalanche warning signs we turned back. We drove around town a bit looking at some houses we are interested in buying and then chatted with our upstairs neighbors the Mayo-Keily's. Tonight's plan is to hunker down for a night of caribou pineapple curry and laundry. Enjoy the pics!

The Mayo-Keily's- Ann, Dave, Ella and Cormack
No comments:
Post a Comment