Saturday, April 4, 2009
Babies, Babies, Babies~
Well last night I got called in to deliver my LAST baby of my intern year-- hopefuly, that is! My 7th continuity delivery was over in less than an hour after I arrived (spanish-speaking only multip), and I was home before Aaron was in bed for the night! Whew... it was a quick one- we walked in and there was the head--- it was definitely one of those "oh SH*T" moments and a not-enough-time-to-put-on-gloves-or-the-baby-will-fall-out delivery. But, mom and baby are doing fine. I spent a bit of time today logging the rest of my deliveries in for the 2 months of OB and the 7 continuity deliveries I have had (which means I have followed them throughout their pregnancy to delivery and then taken care of their kid!) and amazingly I have done 65 deliveries in four months-- 44 vaginal, 4 successful VBAC's and the rest c-sections for various reasons. WOW! This is an amazing number... and I am thrilled! Yeah! So, baby delivering is in my future... its great fun... 99% boring as heck and 1% sheer terror! Now back to packing our apartment up this weekend- fun, fun moving! We anticipate closing this week or the next and then moving in! I leave for Kenai this week- wish me luck at the Soldotna ER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment