A bunch of friends and family have asked to post pics from our Railroad/Glacier Float adventure from a few weeks ago so here they are. Aaron and I, Rae and Jenny (both residents) and Jenny's husband Eric and their dog Lefty got on the last train of the season a few weekends ago to Spencer Glacier, where Aaron's brother worked for the forest service for a summer. We rode the Alaska Railroad train to the stop, got off with the dog and inflatable raft in tow and got ourselves to the beach of a beautiful lake at the base of Spencer Glacier- there were pieces of ice the size of houses floating in the lake! We got the raft all pumped and floated around the lake a bit to look at the ice chunks and then had an initially rough float into some Class 2+ rapids where I got soaked to the bone... Otherwise, the float was pretty fun overall, I stayed relatively warm, we saw some wildlife, a rainbow and it did not rain until the very end. Rae tried some fishing to no luck but we got a great Sunday adventure out of it just before Aaron and I returned to the midwest.
Our Bushy Men....
No comments:
Post a Comment