Saturday, September 5, 2009

Some new blog postings!

So I am not too sure who still follows the blog- I assume still the grandparents, mom and aunts, and random friends but still, I will keep updating you on some of our happenings here in Alaska!

I am getting a bit sick of wedding pics flowing out of my ears so here are some pics of things we have been doing since the wedding, which hasn't been a whole heck-of-a-lot. This weekend is Labor day, and we are not doing anything real adventurous this 3-day weekend because, well, we're exhausted!

We had a dinner at the Yurt a few weeks ago and are going to head there again this weekend. Fellow resident Nikki who is pregnant and her son Leo and husband Ben live in this yurt high on a hillside deep in the Eagle River Valley. It is always a treat to spend time at the yurt... and we spent some time brainstorming on how to make room for a new baby!


Autumn is settling down here in the Anchorage bowl- it is chillier at night, we've had to test the basebord heat a few times in the last couple of weeks and the red/yellow changes seen on the tops of those mountains outside of our house are starting to creep down the hillsides... we've had some spectacular alpenglow sunsets lately as seen below from our balcony.


Aaron and I went to the famed Alaska State Fair today- it was a beautiful sunny day and 70! We got to see the world-record setting 129+ pound cabbage, 82+ pound rutabaga, some horse acrobatics, pig races, betting on a rat, heaps of beautiful flowers and yes, we can grow artichokes here in Alaska apparently! Lastly, I worked up the nerve to ride the "bucking salmon" and it was a lot of work!

Oh how embarrasing... it was hilarous fun to climb onto a bucking slamon!

No comments: